There are several reasons why the new Litmor Battery Cam 2 is becoming popular. Because of these reasons, here at SecurityUnveiled.com, we are inclined to give it a thumbs up. But there are other things to consider. We will take a look at those things below.
But before we dive in, keep in mind that this camera is in competition with Google Nest, Ring, Arlo, Logitech, and several other security camera manufacturers with similar product offerings. These are huge companies with great engineering staff.
Well, Litmor had determined
the same high level
of engineering and quality….
while keeping the price
to the consumer
Though the price of the Litmor Battery Cam 2 is considerably less than its closest competitors…….
let’s see how it stands up to scrutiny.
Here Are Some Impressive Features
Litrmor has benefited from the recent technological advances made within the security camera industry. They’ve utilized and implemented the things that work well with their competitor’s products, but they’ve also worked to fill consumer requests that other companies were not fulfilling.
The Litmor Battery Cam 2 has some impressive features. Let’s look at some of those features that are up to par with bigger names or even cutting edge:
- Wireless or wired, you have a choice
- Waterproof with an IP66 rating
- Rechargeable batteries with purported long life
- Recharge the batteries with a solar panel if you prefer (Sold separately right here!)
- AI software that recognizes people and filters out most other false triggers (no camera is perfect at this regardless of what may be advertised)
- Suitable for use outdoors or indoors; the design makes the Litmor Battery Cam 2 a decent looking indoor camera
- Built-in spotlights that are triggered by a motion sensor using AI software
- Two Night Vision Modes: One uses the spotlights, the other uses IR LED night vision
- 125-Degree Wide Angle View (not the industry best, but far from the worst)
- 360-Degree Mount allows complete flexibility in adjusting the view
- 1080 HD Live View
- 106 dB Siren (can be programmed to your liking from the app)
- Sends notifications to your device immediately whenever motion is detected
- Easy-to-use App
- Supports micro SD card for local storage (Sold separately right here!)
- Cloud storage options
- Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Low price: Check Here For Current Sale Price
- Built-In Speaker and Microphone for two-way communication
Here are some Not-So-Impressive Features
- Cloud storage services require a fee; at $25 a year, it’s not bad, but something to consider
- The Spotlights are bright enough to startle someone and light up the video recording area, but they are not as bright as what most would traditionally think of as Spotlights
- The solar panel is sold separately; too bad it isn’t included
- The micro-SD card is also sold separately; not a big deal I suppose, but just something to note
- Certain notifications and AI functions are only available with the Cloud subscription
So, these not-so-impressive features aren’t that bad, but they are items to keep in mind so you know what you are getting into if you decide to purchase a Litmor Battery Cam 2.
The $25/year cloud services fee is on the low end within the industry, however, be mindful that this is for each camera’s storage. If you intend to purchase several of these cameras, each one for which you choose to use the cloud service will incur a separate fee.
And in regards to the solar panel and micro-SD cards being sold separately, I suppose that makes sense in light of the fact that not everyone will need those accessories and it would jack up the price of the camera a bit. If someone will use cloud services, they may choose to not purchase a micro-SD card, and so on.
All things considered, for the budget camera buyer, the Litmor Battery Cam 2 would probably be everything you would need at a great price.
The Litmor App
The Litmor App is available for iOS and Android and is pleasantly easy to use. You simply download the app, input a few fields, and sync the camera.
Once synced up, the app allows you to control many cool features with one push of a button on your device. There are also several programmable features, such as narrowing a field of view so that the sensors ignore areas within the camera’s view but outside of the area you wish to keep an eye on. This would help reduce unnecessary triggers, such as a car going down the road or people walking on the sidewalk.
Litmor’s Rechargeable Batteries
The batteries with the Litmor Battery Cam 2 are 5200mAh which is pretty good. They can be powered up and down quite a bit before needing to be replaced.
The rechargeable batteries, according to Litmor, last up to a year without recharge in an area with very few triggered events a day. This would be like on the far side of your home where it isn’t very often that the camera will pick up a person to record.
The batteries last shorter periods of time depending on where you place your camera and the amount of traffic expected in that location. And here is a more balanced user-oriented account of what type of timeframe you could expect between charges:
Triggered 8 times a day would allow 5 months between recharging the batteries, and 20 times a day would allow 3 months. These are reasonable amounts of time and more in line with reality.
Some of the battery-powered Ring cameras need recharging more frequently, although Ring Products are great. If Ring cameras are more of what you are looking for, check out our posts that include reviews of Ring products. <=== That’s a link to one such post.
Installation and Setup are Easy and Flexible!
Installation is simple! And an aspect of the Litmor Battery Cam 2 that is appealing is that there are several methods of mounting them. Check out the diagram below.
Final Word Regarding the Litmor Battery Cam 2
As you can see, these cameras offer most of the same features as the other, more well-known brands. Litmor spent a lot of time and money developing their products, and I only see them rising in popularity, just as I saw happen with Ring when they first came onto the market, and more recently how SimpliSafe has done the same thing. Come onto the market, offer a great product at an unbeatable price, and gain market share as the products and quality continue to increase.
Would I recommend this Camera? Absolutely! At the sale price right now, I don’t know of a better deal.
If you try the Litmor Battery Cam 2, or if you already have one, please drop me a note below letting us know at SecurityUnveiled.com as well as giving input to others who are looking for information regarding outdoor security cameras.
Thanks for dropping by! 🙂
(and that sure is a cute little camera, now ain’t it!!?)